This list of resources includes personal experiences from students and professors, discussions on diversity initiatives in departments and universities, articles on how to structurally change our fields and more. We will continue to update this list — please send us any suggestions!
- Abiodun, S. (2019). ” Seeing Color”, A Discussion of the Implications and Applications of Race in the Field of Neuroscience. Frontiers in human neuroscience, 13, 280.
- Bertolero, M. A., Dworkin, J. D., David, S. U., Lloreda, C. L., Srivastava, P., Stiso, J., … & Marlin, B. J. (2020). Racial and ethnic imbalance in neuroscience reference lists and intersections with gender. bioRxiv.
- Birhane, A., & Guest, O. (2020). Towards decolonising computational sciences. arXiv preprint arXiv:2009.14258.
- Çankaya, S. (2015). Professional Anomalies. EJPS, 2(4), 383.
- Çankaya, S. (2017). The racialization of ethnic minority police officers and researchers: on positionality and (auto) ethnographic fieldwork. European Journal of Policing Studies, 5(Special Issue ), 119-132.
- Jacobson, D., & Mustafa, N. (2019). Social identity map: A reflexivity tool for practicing explicit positionality in critical qualitative research. International Journal of Qualitative Methods, 18, 1609406919870075.
- Ledgerwood, A., Hudson, S., Lewis, N., Maddox, K., Pickett, C., Remedios, J., … & Wilkins, C. (2020). The Pandemic as a Portal: Reimagining Psychological Science as Truly Open and Inclusive. PsyArXiv.
- From Springer Nature: A collection of books, journal articles and magazine content that amplifies Black voices and the issues raised by the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Tzovara, A., Amarreh, I., Borghesani, V., Chakravarty, M. M., DuPre, E., Grefkes, C., … & Badhwar, A. (2020). Embracing diversity and inclusivity in an academic setting: Insights from the Organization for Human Brain Mapping.
Newspaper & Magazine Articles
- New York Times article on diversity workshops not being enough
- A collection of articles, The Black Experience in Higher Education, from Inside Higher Eduction
- What I’ve Learned about Being a Black Scientist, by Neil A. Lewis, Jr.
- The WEIRDest People in the World: How the West Became Psychologically Peculiar and Particularly Prosperous by Joseph Henrich
Documentaries & Videos
- Wit is ook een kleur/White is Also a Color ( Documentary in Dutch)
- Being Black in the Netherlands, by Slim Radio (featuring UvA students)
- Klassen/Klasses (Documentary series in Dutch, about
about the fight for equal opportunities in education.)
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Webinar, Society for Personality and Social Psychology